_Welcome to Our String Family!
Ocean Strings' mission is to help people of all ages explore and appreciate the multi-genre world of string music-- classical, jazz, latin, gypsy, rag, bluegrass/fiddle and much more! It is through this journey we want to share our love of music, family and life! Why the stringed instruments? Consider some of the following reasons you and/or your child will benefit from learning a stringed instrument:
* Playing a stringed instrument enhances a child's quality of life. It provides creative, emotional and social opportunities and can lead to improvements in academic performance in other areas beyond music.
* All Children are capable of learning to play a stringed instrument, regardless of talent, gifts or musical background. String classes have been successfully taught to diverse populations and in diverse settings.
* Unlike most other musical instruments, stringed instruments come in a variety of sizes so that children as young as three years old can begin instruction- especially in parent/teacher cooperation via the Suzuki method.
* The great diversity of music that can be performed on strings- from orchestral music to contemporary and pop music. Other world cultures also use stringed instruments in their music making. In learning this diverse source of music we can broaden our understanding of other peoples, lands and cultures.
* Lifelong opportunities to perform on a stringed instrument abound. There are more than 1,500 orchestras in the United States. Great historical figures have been known to perform music on the strings- among them are Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein.
* Playing a stringed instrument enhances the enjoyment of music and leads to a lifelong appreciation of music. An estimated 32 million people currently attend concerts each year in the United States.
* Finally, another key reason many see the value of learning a stringed instrument: Colleges and universities often need string players for their orchestras and may offer full or partial scholarships to qualified students regardless of their intended academic major.
We're excited by the abundant reasons we have to play these very special and very unique set of instruments. Please contact us below about your interest in joining our studio family- and/or click on our tab: "Ocean Strings Studio". We look forward to performing strings with you!
Richard & Nicole Ballinger
ASTA- American String Teachers Association
FMEA- Florida Music Teacher's Association
FOA- Florida Orchestra Association
SAA- Suzuki Association of the Americas
OSS - Strings By the Sea
December 7, 2013 2pm
Looking forward to having this literally by the seaside this time!! More info to be emailed soon!
OSS Rehearsal- December 3, 2013! Mark your calendars!
UPCOMING GROUP CLASS:
Saturday November 16, 2013 2:00 pm
Classes are open to all fiddle players. You don't have to be in the studio to play with us! PLEASE RSVP here.
NEW FEATURE: We will be including select group lessons for our autumn semester! Classes are open to all fiddle players. You don't have to be in the studio to play with us!
First Group Class:
Friday September 20, 2013
Advanced Class: 4:00pm
Beginning Class: 4:45pm
NEW AUTUMN 2013 STUDIO SEMESTER! Looking forward to starting or continuing to play a string instrument?! We're excited to welcome you to our new autumn semester !!
NEW FEATURE: We will be including select group lessons for our autumn semester! Classes are open to all fiddle players. Seperate tuition schedule for non-studio signups. Check out our schedules on the following links:
Mr. Ballinger- AUTUMN 2013
Mrs. Ballinger- AUTUMN 2013
NEW SUMMER 2013 STUDIO SEMESTER! Looking forward to starting or continuing to play a string instrument?! We're excited to welcome you to our new summer semester!! NEW FEATURE: We will be including select group lessons with summer signups! Check out our schedules on the following links:
Mr. Ballinger- SUMMER 2013
Mrs. Ballinger- SUMMER 2013
Spring for Strings! Recital
May 21, 2o13 7pm
Thank you to all the students and family that supported our Recital! Fantastic performances by: Lydia, Jade, Deanna, Daniel, Josias, Lonnie and Brendan! We're so proud of you all!!
OSS Alumnist, Justin Gomez, winner of the Concerto competition for the Treasure Coast Youth Symphony, performed the 3rd movement of the Tchaikovsky violin concerto Monday April 15th! We were privileged to be there and enjoy his spectacular performance!
Concerts: Amazing string artists coming to Fort Pierce! If you're a string player or a string lover you won't want to miss either one! Check out our community string events page for more details!
NEW SPRING 2013 STUDIO SEMESTER DATES READY!
Mr. Ballinger- Spring 2013
Mrs. Ballinger- Spring 2013
We look forward to welcoming back current and new student family! Please contact us to setup a meeting before we begin our new semester dates on January 14, 2013!
Brendan, Daniel, Deanna, Josias, Lydia & Moss for their beautiful performances at our Strings By the Sea Recital!!! Special thanks also for our Quartet performance by Brendan, Daniel, Josias and Lonnie!! Way to go everyone!!
Deanna and Brendan for their FOA S&E scores! A Superior rating! And to Daniel for his Excellent rating! Way to go!!!
Concerts: There will be some great local orchestra/string performances this month! Check out our community string events page for more details!